The nursing program provides the RN-BSN completion curriculum to Registered Nurses (RNs) who wish to earn the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. The curriculum builds on previously acquired knowledge and skills by adding coursework in social sciences, nursing research, leadership, communication, professionalism, information management, genetics, population health, and the humanities. The program is offered 100% online making it flexible and accessible to enhance the education of nurses in an ever-changing healthcare environment.
The baccalaureate degree program in nursing at Limestone University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, 655 K Street NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001, 202-887-6791
The Nursing degree program is available online (RN-BSN). Online programs have the same content and curriculum as traditional on-campus programs. All coursework, including lectures, assignments, and exams, is available through the Canvas online learning system.
Online programs are asynchronous, which means there are no specific times you must be online. Professors and other instructors are available during virtual “office hours” for discussion. The programs are designed to allow you to focus on two courses in eight-week terms.
As an online student, you may be eligible to transfer credits from other accredited colleges. Learn more about our online program admission requirements.
Inspired by the university mission to educate students from diverse backgrounds and committed to the health of citizens, the mission of the nursing program is therefore to support and prepare professional nurses who are able to:
- Use critical thinking in decision-making activities;
- Promote health and wellness to diverse individuals, families, and communities; and
- Demonstrate incorporation of professional standards, lifelong learning, advocacy, and compassion into nursing practice.
To meet the needs of our communities and profession by providing a quality innovative higher education experience.
- Recruit and retain well-qualified faculty
- Attain national accreditation through CCNE
- Utilize best practices of adult learning theory in courses
- Prepare professional nurses with essential knowledge, skills, and attitudes to improve health
- Increase the number of BSN nurses locally
- Graduate 70% of students who enroll
- Employer satisfaction
- Apply knowledge learned to professional nursing practice
- Prepared for graduate education
- Express satisfaction with BSN program
After completing the RN-BSN program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration with healthcare team members, individuals, families, and groups
- Incorporate professional standards and codes, advocacy, ethics, leadership, and compassion into nursing practice.
- Use critical thinking that integrates a liberal arts foundation, theory, evidence-based practice, and ethical decision making in the culturally- competent care of diverse individuals, families, and groups across the lifespan
- Engage in lifelong learning, professional development, and service to the profession and community
- Demonstrate understanding of research evidence, healthcare policy, regulation, and environments that impact nursing practice.
- Utilize patient care technology and information systems to support high-quality nursing practice.