Bachelor of Science in Nursing
About Limestone's Nursing Program (RN-B.S.N.)
The nursing program provides the RN-BSN completion curriculum to Registered Nurses (RNs) who wish to earn the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. The curriculum builds on previously acquired knowledge and skills by adding coursework in social sciences, nursing research, leadership, communication, professionalism, information management, genetics, population health, and the humanities. The program is offered 100% online making it flexible and accessible to enhance the education of nurses in an ever-changing healthcare environment. Applicants to the RN-BSN Program must have a valid RN license.
The Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS-COC), which is the regional body for the accreditation of degree-granting higher education institutions in the Southern states, recently approved the College’s online Registered Nurse (RN) to Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) program proposal. The RN-BSN program at Limestone University is pursuing initial accreditation by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) located at 655 K Street, NW, Suite 750, Washington, DC 20001. Phone (202) 877-6791. Applying for accreditation does not guarantee that accreditation will be granted.
Nursing Program Mission
Inspired by the university mission to educate students from diverse backgrounds and committed to the health of citizens, the mission of the nursing program is therefore to support and prepare professional nurses who are able to:
- Use critical thinking in decision-making activities;
- Promote health and wellness to diverse individuals, families, and communities; and
- Demonstrate incorporation of professional standards, lifelong learning, advocacy, and compassion into nursing practice.
Nursing Program Vision
To meet the needs of our communities and profession by providing a quality innovative higher education experience.
Nursing Program Goals
- Recruit and retain well-qualified faculty
- Attain national accreditation through CCNE
- Utilize best practices of adult learning theory in courses
- Prepare professional nurses with essential knowledge, skills, and attitudes to improve health
- Increase the number of BSN nurses locally
Nursing Expected Program Outcomes
- Graduate 70% of students who enroll
- Employer satisfaction
- Apply knowledge learned to professional nursing practice
- Prepared for graduate education
- Express satisfaction with BSN program
Nursing Program Student Learning Outcomes (SLO)
After completing the RN-BSN program, graduates will be able to:
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration with healthcare team members, individuals, families, and groups
- Incorporate professional standards and codes, advocacy, ethics, leadership and compassion into nursing practice.
- Use critical thinking that integrates a liberal arts foundation, theory, evidence-based practice, and ethical decision making in the culturally- competent care of diverse individuals, families, and groups across the lifespan
- Engage in lifelong learning, professional development, and service to the profession and community
- Demonstrate understanding of research evidence, healthcare policy, regulation, and environments that impact nursing practice.
- Utilize patient care technology and information systems to support high quality nursing practice.
Day programs in Gaffney, online & evening classes in extended campus locations
Gaffney Main Campus
1115 College Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
25 Woods Lake Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Fontaine Business Center
400 Arbor Lake Drive, Suite 800
Columbia, SC 29223
2724 West Palmetto Street
Florence, SC 29501
4500 Leeds Avenue
Suite 221 W
Charleston, SC 29405
Our business programs are offered in a variety of locations, each built for different students. Our traditional day students attend class on our main campus in Gaffney, South Carolina— a beautiful town with rich historic buildings and hundreds of campus involvement opportunities. More than half of day students live on campus and participate in athletics, fine arts, community service and other leadership associations.
Our online programs are accessible across the country – so even if you’re in Charlotte, North Carolina, you can still work towards your Limestone degree. Students also have the option to take a combination of classes at any of these campuses and online.
Corporate Partnerships for Online and Evening Students
Limestone University holds a number of partnerships with companies providing corporate grants to students. If a student’s company participates in the program, he or she is eligible to receive the grant each semester. With the corporate grant, students can still receive financial aid and any state or federal student loans. Here are a few of our partner corporations:
Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants
Limestone works to make education affordable, putting together a financial aid package with need and merit-based financial aid options for every one of their admitted students. 95 percent of Limestone University students receive some type of financial assistance. Academic, athletic and arts scholarships, activity and need-based grants are all available for day students. Visit the Financial Aid page for more information.
Limestone University offers close to a 50 percent tuition discount for Active Duty, Reserves and National Guard military service personnel and works to make programs flexible and affordable. Limestone University has been chosen as a Military-Friendly School and is a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOCAD, SOCGuard, and SOCCoast). Chosen as a Top-25 Best College for Veterans (South) this year from US News and World Report, Limestone understands the demanding and transient nature of a career in the military. We appreciate your service, and are here to assist in any way possible. Learn more.