The Limestone Teacher Education Program has been approved by the South Carolina Board of Education to prepare students for Teacher Licensure in South Carolina in the following licensure in areas:
- Elementary (2-6)
- Math (9-12)
- Physical Education (K-12)
- Instrumental Music (K-12)
- Vocal Music (K-12)
Looking for Application Support?
Our partners at TeachSC have free tools and resources to make applying to our programs—and becoming a classroom teacher—easier! Create an account today and immediately access:
- An interactive application checklist to keep you on track.
- $100 fee reimbursement towards any of our application and testing expenses.
- 1-on-1 expert advice for any question along the way.
- How-to guides for eligibility, applications, testing and finances.
- A chance to win a $1,000 scholarship toward tuition.
Check them out by signing up for our program checklist today!
Points of Pride
- 100% of our graduates are either teaching or in graduate school within one year of graduation.
- Our in-service retention rate for graduates is 85-95% after 10 years.
- Our Music Education program is accredited by NASM.
- We are a program within a minority-serving (African-American) institution.
- We partner with Call Me MiSTER™ to prepare African-American and other minority men to become classroom teachers.
- We have a strong relationship with surrounding school districts and schools
- 100% of our candidates have an opportunity to observe, practice, and implement instruction before being evaluated on the South Carolina Teaching Standards (SCTS 4.0) evaluation.
- Our faculty has autonomy to create first-rate curriculum and field experiences to prepare our candidates for the classroom.
- We are the only SC institution to take the Educational Technology in Teacher Preparation Challenge from the U.S. Department of Education’s Office of Educational Technology.
- We offer some general education coursework online.
- We partner with Teacher Cadets in four local high schools.
- Pi Lambda Theta Honor Society recognizes outstanding students in education.
- Educators Rising is our student organization for Education majors to get involved on campus.