A graduate assistantship is a student employment opportunity for graduate students. These opportunities offer academic/practical work experience while you pursue your graduate degree. Graduate Assistants work a set number of hours per week and, in return, receive a tuition waiver.
Each assistantship has its own unique job description and duties as assigned by the department or supervisor.
- Graduate Assistant Job Description for Residence Life & Housing
Graduate Assistant will work 25-30 hours a week that may include a mix of day and evening hours.
Scope of work:
The Graduate Assistant Resident Director (RD) shares responsibility in the operation of campus housing and supervision of a Resident Assistant Staff. This position requires the RD to reside in a University-provided on-campus apartment throughout their employment. A meal plan is also provided during the fall & spring semesters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide supervision, support, and assistance to an undergraduate staff of Resident Assistants.
- Uphold and support Limestone University policies.
- Serve in a year-round on-call rotation to provide support to the residential population. Duty expectations over holiday breaks will be split among Residence Life Staff.
- Work collaboratively with Campus Safety, the Office of Community Values, the Sib Collins Counseling Center, and other campus resources.
- Respond to emergency situations and lead/assist as needed.
- Complete crisis and on-call reporting paperwork.
- Mediate roommate conflicts and coordinate resolutions.
- Become familiar with a variety of campus resources, organizations, and services to expedite appropriate student referrals.
- Maintain a high level of visibility within campus housing and among residential students.
- Advise and mentor students on academic, personal, and social issues.
- Provide oversight and hands-on leadership during the opening and closing of campus housing.
- Conduct Health & Safety Inspections as scheduled.
- Report maintenance and/or housekeeping concerns via Maximo.
- Facilitate pre-break room checks.
- Assist with fire drills as scheduled.
- Assist with summer camp / conference housing operations.
- Assist with Summer Orientation (i.e. leading campus housing tours and making student ID cards).
- Attend and participate in weekly staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Contact Information for inquiries about the position:
Director of Residence Life & Housing
864.488-4590 (Office)GA ApplicationLimestone University is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.This policy applies to all employment practices within our organization, including hiring, recruiting, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, leave of absence, compensation, benefits, training, and apprenticeship. Limestone University makes hiring decisions based solely on qualifications, merit, and business needs at the time.