To be accepted as a Limestone student, we need some information in addition to your completed application. Check below to determine what admissions requirements apply to you.
Limestone University is committed to the liberal arts and sciences and to educating men and women for leadership, service, and professional responsibility in the twenty-first century. Those individuals who will become tomorrow’s leaders, who will render meaningful service, and who will enjoy professional fulfillment in the next century will have prepared themselves to be lifelong learners. Apply today and see what extraordinary opportunities await!
- a copy of your high school transcript or GED transcript;
- successful completion of a diploma program;
- optionally send your SAT or ACT scores (unless you’re 21+ years old or in military service).
International students should follow the process outlined for freshmen admissions if they have not previously attended college, or follow the process outlined for transfer admissions if they have previously attended college.
- International student transcripts (foreign transcripts) must be academically translated by World Education Services (www.wes.org) or an approved accredited service.
- In addition, students whose native language is not English are required to submit a score of 500 or above on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL Paper), or 60 or above on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL iBT), or have proof they have attended and successfully completed an English as a Second Language (ESL) program and/or have a satisfactory score on the SAT or ACT. Oral communication skills are the responsibility of each student.
- International students must be enrolled as a full-time student with at least 9 hours in the classroom (On Day Campus) to fulfill the requirements of the International Student Exchange and Visitor Program (SEVIS). Those students wishing to take courses through the Internet must simultaneously enroll in classroom courses on our Day Campus in Gaffney.
who have previously attended a regionally accredited college or university:
- you need at least 12 credit hours of post-high school college credit to apply in this category; if you have less than 12 credit hours, you should apply as a FRESHMAN (see above);
- you must have a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.0 on a 4.0 scale;
- you must be in good standing at the last institute you attended;
- (optional) you may send your SAT or ACT scores unless you are 21+ years of age, are in the military, or are transferring 12+ credits;
- we will need official transcripts of all previous college studies; and your high school transcripts if you are a South Carolina resident;
- to receive a Limestone University baccalaureate degree, you must earn a minimum of 31 semester hours as a Limestone student.
For those interested in completing your Bachelor’s and a Master’s degree in a total of five years, check out Limestone’s Accelerated Program called “Limestone Saint2".
For those interested in the Scholars Academy, a partnership with the Cherokee County School District SCHOLARS ACADEMY.
Schedule a Tour
Schedule a Group Tour