Serious medical emergencies CALL 911
Remember... Stay calm. Help others remain calm. When you are reporting an emergency situation give concise, accurate answers to the 911 operator. Do not hang up until told to do so.
Campus Police phone number is 864-488-8344—on campus ext. 8344.
A. In case of minor injuries, you can contact Campus Police, phone number is 864-488-8344—on campus ext. 8344. An officer will respond to assess the situation and render assistance. They do not provide transportation to doctors’ office visits, pharmacies, or out-patient care services.
B. Things to remember:
- Keep the victim still and comfortable.
- Do not move any injured person unless there is an immediate threat to his or her life - then move the victim only as far as necessary.
- Ask the victim “Are you OK?” or “What is wrong?”
- Check breathing and give cardio-pulmonary resuscitation (CPR) if necessary.
- Control serious bleeding by direct pressure on the wound.
- Continue to assist the victim until help arrives.
- Look for a Medic-Alert or other medical ID tag.
- Question witnesses.
- Give all information to the 9-1-1 operator.
- Upon arrival the FD/EMS person will be the OIC (officer-in-charge).
C. Medical assistance should only be administered by a certified provider.
EMS/Serious Medical Emergencies Dial 911