|Completed Application Deadline||Cohort Starting Semester/Term|
|June 15th||August Cohort (Term 5)|
|October 15th||January Cohort (Term 1)|
|March 15th||May Cohort (Term 3)|
Candidates for admission in the Limestone M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership are evaluated and accepted based on a thorough review by the admissions committee. The M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership Admissions Committee will consider all components of the application in its admission decision.
M.Ed. - Master of Education Teacher Leadership Degree page
The admission requirements for the M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership are as follows:
For Full Admission into the graduate program:
- Official undergraduate and any graduate degree transcripts from each regionally accredited college or university attended; if applicable, your foreign transcript must be sent through World Education Services or International Education Evaluations for evaluation;
- Two letters of recommendation
- A copy of a current teaching license or letter from an employer, if not teaching in a public school
- One of the following requirements is met:
- Hold a graduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Hold an undergraduate degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a minimum 3.00 overall GPA OR a GRE score at or above the 50th percentile for each category
- Students whose native language is not English must submit scores from either IELTS or TOEFL iBT. A score of 6.0 or higher is required for the IELTS. A score of 79 or higher is required for TOEFL iBT. This requirement may be waived if the student provides evidence of having completed an accredited ESL program or holds a degree from an accredited college or university.
Applicants who do not meet the full admission requirements are designated as conditional. Students admitted to the Master of Education in Teacher Leadership on a conditional basis must maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA during the first 9 hours of graduate credit.
If applicable, your foreign transcript must be sent to Limestone through one of the credit evaluation agencies listed on the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES) page. While Limestone does accept transcript evaluations from any organizations listed on the NACES page, the University’s preferred credit evaluation agencies are International Education Evaluations or World Education Services.
The M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership curriculum consists of 36 credit hours.
- The core curriculum consists of 21 credit hours and 15 elective credit hours
- Endorsement courses may be taken independently of the M. Ed.
- Courses may be taken full time or part-time
- 100% of the required courses are taught online
- Elective options include a global experience which allows educators to work with international teachers and students
- The program has three start dates per academic year (January, May. and August) which allow for maximum flexibility
- All coursework is taught by veteran educators with a variety of backgrounds and educational experiences
Current Endorsements offered include:
- Teacher Leadership
- Project Based Learning
Endorsements can be obtained separately or in conjunction with the M.Ed. in Teacher Leadership.