- Central Access Reader (CAR) is free, open source, text-to- speech application designed specifically for students with print-related disabilities. CAR reads Word Docs and pasted text using the voice installed on your computer. CAR has an intuitive interface and many customizable features. Mac + PC
- LD Advisory Helpful Links
- Students with Disabilities: Preparing for Postsecondary Education
- Financial Aid for Disabled Students
- HEATH Resource Center at the National Youth Transitions Center
- Jane Jarrow Letter to Parents
- With Dictation, you can use the magic of speech recognition to write emails, narrate essays and long documents in the browser without touching the keyboard.
- Accessibility Services Checklist
Career Development Resources for Students with Disabilities
- “Preparing for a Career: An Online Tutorial” by DO-IT
- National Collaborative on Workforce and Disability
- Office of Disability Employment Policy (ODEP) at the U.S. Department of Labor
- The Job Accommodation Network (JAN)
- USAJOBS - information about working for the Federal government.
- Resources for Job Seekers with Disabilities by Respectability
Free/Low-Cost Assistive TechnologyAssistive Technology for Everyone
The NVDA screen reader can be downloaded free of charge by anyone.