Official Web Disclaimer
Many different people provide information in the Limestone University web. While we try to keep it accurate and up-to-date, we cannot guarantee that it always will be. If you see something in a document that should be corrected or updated, send mail to the address on the document (or to kcobb [at] limestone.edu if the document is unsigned). Be sure to give the full URL of the document in your message.
Unless otherwise noted, the web information may not represent official statements or views of Limestone University. Use information here at your own risk.
LC Computing Facilities Acceptable Use Policy
Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity
Progress in research and teaching, in educating and learning depends upon the interaction of different disciplines, different perspectives, different ideas, and different people. Equal opportunity and affirmative action preserve and build diversity with the university. Limestone University is committed to the principles of equal employment and affirmative action.
The University's affirmative action and equal opportunity programs are administered by the Human Resource Office Curtis Administration Bldg., 864-488-4473.
Americans with Disabilities Act
This publication will be made available in accessible formats upon request. Please call 864-488-8245 for further information.
Limestone University is committed to protecting the privacy of our students – potential, current, and past. When we collect your information, it is used only by Limestone University. When you provide us with your telephone number(s) or email address online, you may receive telephone or email contact from us with information regarding new services, or upcoming Limestone University events. We will never sell, rent, or trade your personal information to any third party.
LC does not collect personal information (e.g., name, address or telephone number) unless you voluntarily provide it to us by sending email, participating in a survey or completing an online form. We do not share any personal information with any third parties.
When you visit our Web site, we automatically collect certain information, such as:
Domain, country, IP address
Browser, platform, resolution
Entrance-Exit Pages, Referrals
Search Terms and Search Engines
This is standard practice for Web sites, and is not used for any purpose other than to evaluate how we can design the site to best serve your needs.
In order to provide better and more secure service we will occasionally use a "cookie.” A cookie is a small piece of information stored on your computer that can uniquely identify your browser, and may include other information about your visit to the site. The cookie cannot be read by a Web site other than the one that set the cookie.
Cookies and related technologies
Specifically, the AdRoll cookie we serve through the AdRoll platform for this purpose is named “adroll”. We may also drop an additional AdRoll opt-out cookie if you opt-out as described below. We may also drop cookies from our Advertising Partners for the purposes described above. The Advertising Partner cookies dropped vary by Advertiser implementation.
Your choices and opting-out
We recognize how important your online privacy is to you, so we offer the following options for controlling the targeted ads you receive and how we use your data:
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us: You can opt out of receiving targeted ads served by us or on our behalf by clicking on the blue icon in the corner of the ads we serve or by clicking here. Please note that, if you delete your cookies or upgrade your browser after having opted out, you will need to opt out again. Further, if you use multiple browsers or devices you will need to execute this opt out on each browser or device. If you opt-out we may collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads served by us or other advertising companies: AdRoll is also a member of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) and adheres to the NAI Code of Conduct. You may use the NAI opt out tool here, which will allow you to opt out of seeing targeted ads from us and from other NAI approved member companies.
We also comply with the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising as managed by the Digital Advertising Alliance (DAA). You may opt out of receiving targeted ads from other companies that perform ad targeting services, including some that we may work with as Advertising Partners via the DAA website here.
We also adhere to the European Interactive Advertising Digital Alliance (EDAA) guidelines for online advertising and you may opt out via their Your Online Choices website.
Please note that when using the ad industry opt-out tools described above:
- If you opt-out we may still collect some data about your online activity for operational purposes (such as fraud prevention) but it won't be used by us for the purpose of targeting ads to you.
- If you use multiple browsers or devices you may need to execute this opt out on each browser or device.
- Other ad companies’ opt-outs may function differently than our opt-out.
- You can opt-out of our tracking your online activity for targeted advertising purposes (Do Not Track): We respond to “do not track” or “DNT” signals sent from your browser. If the website of one of our Advertisers receives a DNT signal, during that visit, we will not link data we collect to your browser identifier so that new data collected about you will not be used by us for targeted advertising purposes, but older data collected about you may still be used.
This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control.
User and password information is encrypted before it is transmitted across the network.
Limestone University complies with all statutory and legal requirements with respect to access to information.
Links to External Sites
This site contains links to external, non-LC sites. Limestone University is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such sites.
If you have questions or concerns regarding privacy, you may contact Jim Long, Chief Information Officer, via email, via phone at 864-488-4586, or via mail at Limestone University, 1115 College Drive, Gaffney, SC 29340-3799.