Bachelor of Science in Computer Science | Programming
Computer programmers are key components of the technology industry in their role of designing and maintaining information systems as well as writing code for a variety of businesses and organizations. The Bachelor of Computer Science degree with Programming concentration provides a strong foundation in the key information technology areas of programming, systems administration, security, and architecture. This program challenges students to think creatively and construct unique solutions to many programming problems. These skills will be especially useful in the workplace to build and maintain necessary software systems to solve business challenges. If you’re a problem-solver at heart, then a degree in Computer Science with a concentration in Programming could be a great fit for you.
- CS 102 - Microcomputer Applications
- CS 103/103H - Basic Concepts of the Internet and the World Wide Web
- CS 105 - Introduction to Computer Science
- CS 201/201H - Operating Systems and Networking Fundamentals
- CS 202 - Advanced Microcomputer Applications
- CS 205 - Programming I: Imperative Programming
- CS 206 - Programming II: Object Oriented Programming
- CS 220 - C# Programming
- CS 303 - Programming III: Advanced Algorithms and Data Structures
- CS 304 - Information Systems Analysis and Design
- CS 306 - Visual Programming
- CS 330 - Internet Programming
- CS 441 - Project Management
- CS 470W - Capstone Project
- Limestone's required Competency & General Education courses
- A total of 120 credit hours
- The required courses listed below (42 credit hours)
- A Computer Science elective course (3 credit hours)
- Additional Math course from MA115 or 116 (3 credit hours)
* This major includes one AWE course (3 credit hours)
Day programs in Gaffney, online & evening classes in extended campus locations
Gaffney Main Campus
1115 College Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
25 Woods Lake Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Fontaine Business Center
400 Arbor Lake Drive, Suite 800
Columbia, SC 29223
2724 West Palmetto Street
Florence, SC 29501
4500 Leeds Avenue
Charleston, SC 29405
Our business programs are offered in a variety of locations, each built for different students. Our traditional day students attend class on our main campus in Gaffney, South Carolina— a beautiful town with rich historic buildings and hundreds of campus involvement opportunities. More than half of day students live on campus and participate in athletics, fine arts, community service and other leadership associations.
Our online programs are accessible across the country – so even if you’re in Charlotte, North Carolina, you can still work towards your Limestone degree. Students also have the option to take a combination of classes at any of these campuses and online.
Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants
Limestone works to make education affordable, putting together a financial aid package with need and merit-based financial aid options for every one of their admitted students. 95 percent of Limestone University students receive some type of financial assistance. Academic, athletic and arts scholarships, activity and need-based grants are all available for day students.
Limestone University offers close to a 50 percent tuition discount for Active Duty, Reserves and National Guard military service personnel and works to make programs flexible and affordable. Limestone University has been chosen as a Military-Friendly School and is a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOCAD, SOCGuard, and SOCCoast). Chosen as a Top-25 Best College for Veterans (South) this year from US News and World Report, Limestone understands the demanding and transient nature of a career in the military. We appreciate your service, and are here to assist in any way possible. Learn more.
Limestone University holds a number of partnerships with companies providing corporate grants to students. If a student’s company participates in the program, he or she is eligible to receive the grant each semester. With the corporate grant, students can still receive financial aid and any state or federal student loans. Here are a few of our partner corporations: