Bachelor of Science in Business Administration | Economics
The famous economist Alfred Marshall describes economics as “the study of man in the ordinary business of life.” Thus, economics provides a broad foundation of knowledge concerning how economies and societies transform scarce resources into goods and services and how markets function at the local, national and international levels. Given the wide range this covers, many job opportunities arise to those who study economics as a foundation for their future professions in business, government, education, banking and media. Within these professions some of the specific job opportunities include industry analyst, stock broker, loan officer, economics teacher, city manager, marketing analyst, real estate agent, and public policy analyst. Some well-known individuals who were economic majors include Ted Turner, Warren Buffet, Sandra Day O’Conner, George H. W. Bush, Melinda Gates and Sam Walton.
- AC 207 - Financial Accounting
- AC 208/AC 208H - Managerial Accounting
- BA 215W/BA 215H - Business Communications
- BA 310/BA 310H - Ethical Issues in the Workplace
- BA 315/BA315H - Business Law I
- BA 360/BA 360H - World Trade and International Business
- BA 452/ BA 452H - Business Policy
- CS 105 - Introduction to Computer Science
- EC 203/EC203H - Microeconomics
- EC 204 - Macroeconomics
- EC 301/EC301H - Intermediate Microeconomics Analysis
- EC 302/EC302H - Intermediate Macroeconomics Analysis
- FI 312/FI 312H - Business Finance
- MA 200/MA 200H - Elementary Statistics
- MG 300 - Principles of Management
- MK 300 - Principles of Marketing
- Math 116 or above is required, except MA 200. (Exception: If you transferred in MA 115 prior to your enrollment at Limestone College that course will meet this requirement.)
- Must take 9 semester hours from the following courses, with at least 6 semester hours coming from the 300-400 level:
- **After all General Education and Major course requirements have been met, students will need additional elective courses to meet the 123 hour minimum for graduation.
Gaffney Main Campus
1115 College Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
25 Woods Lake Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Fontaine Business Center
400 Arbor Lake Drive, Suite 800
Columbia, SC 29223
2276 Jefferson Davis Highway
Graniteville, SC 29829
2724 West Palmetto Street
Florence, SC 29501
4500 Leeds Avenue
Charleston, SC 29405
Day programs in Gaffney, online & evening classes in extended campus locations
Our business programs are offered in a variety of locations, each built for different students. Our traditional day students attend class on our main campus in Gaffney, South Carolina— a beautiful town with rich historic buildings and hundreds of campus involvement opportunities. More than half of day students live on campus and participate in athletics, fine arts, community service and other leadership associations.
Our Online & Eveninges provide evening classrooms in locations all across South Carolina – Aiken, Charleston, Columbia, Florence, Greenville and at our main campus in Gaffney.
Our online programs are accessible across the country – so even if you’re in Charlotte, North Carolina, you can still work towards your Limestone degree. Students also have the option to take a combination of classes at any of these campuses and online.