Bachelor of Arts in English
This program of study allows students to pursue studies in British, American, African-American, and Non-Western literature as well as studies in Drama. In addition to studies in literature, Creative Writing and Technical Writing courses allow students to construct a well-rounded curriculum that emphasizes the importance of communication in everyday life and in the workplace. Students also have the opportunity to incorporate a Writing Concentration with their degree in English to develop their written communication skills across various genres of writing.
- Choose 1 from: EN 202 Major British Authors I or EN 203 Major British Authors II
- Choose 1 from: EN 204 Major American Authors I or EN 205 Major American Authors II
- Choose 1 from: EN 230 Creative Writing or EN 326 Advanced Composition, Creative Nonfiction
- Choose 1 from: EN 305 Introduction to the British Novel or EN 416 Studies in Modern Poetry
- Choose 1 from: EN 310 Contemporary Literature of the Non-Western World or EN 311 Studies in African-American Literature
- Choose 1 from: EN 331 Studies in Contemporary Drama or EN 418 Studies in Modern Fiction
- Must take 6 semester hours from the same Foreign Language. (French, German, Spanish, Other Language)
*After all General Education and Major course requirements have been met; students will need additional elective courses to meet the 123 hour minimum for graduation.