Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences - Pre-Athletic Training
The Health Sciences - Pre-Athletic Training Major concentration prepares students for graduate work in the Athletic Training health professions. Health Sciences majors take courses to prepare them for careers in health care from both the scientific and psychosocial perspectives. Required courses common to a majority of graduate programs are required for the major core, while elective courses are selected by the student based on their intended profession. Students are expected to take an active role in course selection and career planning due to the wide range of requirements for Health Sciences related graduate programs.
- AT 180 - Fundamentals of Athletic Training
- BI 210 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BI 211 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BI 285 - Medical Terminology
- HC 201 - Health Care Delivery in the United States
- HC 310 - Health Care Information Systems
- HS 210 - Ethics and Professionalism in Health Care
- HS 306 - Epidemiology and Public Health
- HS 452 - Health Sciences Capstone Course
- HS406 - Pathophysiology
- ID 305W - Academic Research
- MA 115 - College Algebra
- MA 122 - Precalculus
- MA 200/MA 200H - Elementary Statistics
- MA 319 - Intermediate Statistics
- PE 201 - Personal and Community Health
- PE 301/PE301H - Kinesiology
- PE 305 - Sports Nutrition
- PH 201/PH 202 - General College Physics I and II
- PS 101/PS 101H - Introduction to Psychology
- PS 303 - Health Psychology
- Limestone's required Competency & General Education courses
- A total of 120 credit hours
- The required courses listed below (72 credit hours)
- Additional Biology course (BI101 or 110) (Note: some graduate programs may require BI102) (4 credit hours)
- A Chemistry course (CH105 or 110) with a lab (Note: some graduate programs may require 8 hours) (4 credit hours)
Natural Science and Math electives, including a minimum of 2 laboratory courses, from the following: BI102 or 250-level or above; CH111 or 300-level or above, HS250, HS301, AT280/281, PH200-level or above, MA319.
- Two additional Psychology or Sociology courses (6 credit hours)
* This major includes one AWE course (3 credit hours)
Students must complete 30 total credit hours at the 300-level or above.
Day programs in Gaffney, online & evening classes in extended campus locations
Gaffney Main Campus
1115 College Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
25 Woods Lake Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Fontaine Business Center
400 Arbor Lake Drive, Suite 800
Columbia, SC 29223
2276 Jefferson Davis Highway
Graniteville, SC 29829
2724 West Palmetto Street
Florence, SC 29501
4500 Leeds Avenue
Charleston, SC 29405
Our business programs are offered in a variety of locations, each built for different students. Our traditional day students attend class on our main campus in Gaffney, South Carolina— a beautiful town with rich historic buildings and hundreds of campus involvement opportunities. More than half of day students live on campus and participate in athletics, fine arts, community service and other leadership associations.
Our online programs are accessible across the country – so even if you’re in Charlotte, North Carolina, you can still work towards your Limestone degree. Students also have the option to take a combination of classes at any of these campuses and online.
Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants
Limestone works to make education affordable, putting together a financial aid package with need and merit-based financial aid options for every one of their admitted students. 95 percent of Limestone College students receive some type of financial assistance. Academic, athletic and arts scholarships, activity and need-based grants are all available for day students.
Limestone College offers close to a 50 percent tuition discount for Active Duty, Reserves and National Guard military service personnel and works to make programs flexible and affordable. Limestone College has been chosen as a Military-Friendly School and is a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOCAD, SOCGuard, and SOCCoast). Chosen as a Top-25 Best College for Veterans (South) this year from US News and World Report, Limestone understands the demanding and transient nature of a career in the military. We appreciate your service, and are here to assist in any way possible. Learn more.
Corporate Partnerships for Online and Evening Students
Limestone College holds a number of partnerships with companies providing corporate grants to students. If a student’s company participates in the program, he or she is eligible to receive the grant each semester. With the corporate grant, students can still receive financial aid and any state or federal student loans. Here are a few of our partner corporations: