Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice - Law
This program is designed for Criminal Justice students who have an interest in law school or a law-related career. Courses will introduce students to a variety of practice areas. This concentration will provide a sound foundation for further legal education and subsequent careers and will help students to develop the important analytical skills and personal values necessary for a law-related career.
- CJ 201 - Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJ 203 - Criminal Law
- CJ 301/301H - Law Enforcement Theory, Process and Practices
- CJ 310 - Juvenile Justice
- CJ 321 - Theories of Criminal Justice
- CJ 330/CJ 330H - Corrections Theory, Process and Practices
- CJ 335/CJ 335H - Courts Theory, Process and Practices
- CJ 420 - Research Methods in Criminal Justice
- CJ 440 - Constitutional Law
- CJ 450W - Senior Seminar
- Limestone's required Competency & General Education courses
- A total of 120 credit hours
- The required courses listed below (33 credit hours)
- Additional Legal Courses choosing from LG315, LG316, LG317, LG340, or LG490 (9 credit hours)
- Additional Criminal Justice elective courses at the 300 level or higher (12 credit hours)
- Additional elective courses in Business Administration, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology, and Social Work (9 credit hours)
* This major includes one AWE course (3 credit hours)
Day programs in Gaffney, online & evening classes in extended campus locations
Gaffney Main Campus
1115 College Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
25 Woods Lake Rd
Greenville, SC 29607
Fontaine Business Center
400 Arbor Lake Drive, Suite 800
Columbia, SC 29223
2724 West Palmetto Street
Florence, SC 29501
4500 Leeds Avenue
Charleston, SC 29405
Our business programs are offered in a variety of locations, each built for different students. Our traditional day students attend class on our main campus in Gaffney, South Carolina— a beautiful town with rich historic buildings and hundreds of campus involvement opportunities. More than half of day students live on campus and participate in athletics, fine arts, community service and other leadership associations.
Our online programs are accessible across the country – so even if you’re in Charlotte, North Carolina, you can still work towards your Limestone degree. Students also have the option to take a combination of classes at any of these campuses and online.
Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants
Limestone works to make education affordable, putting together a financial aid package with need and merit-based financial aid options for every one of their admitted students. 95 percent of Limestone College students receive some type of financial assistance. Academic, athletic and arts scholarships, activity and need-based grants are all available for day students.
Limestone College offers close to a 50 percent tuition discount for Active Duty, Reserves and National Guard military service personnel and works to make programs flexible and affordable. Limestone College has been chosen as a Military-Friendly School and is a member of Servicemembers Opportunity Colleges (SOCAD, SOCGuard, and SOCCoast). Chosen as a Top-25 Best College for Veterans (South) this year from US News and World Report, Limestone understands the demanding and transient nature of a career in the military. We appreciate your service, and are here to assist in any way possible. Learn more.
Corporate Partnerships for Online and Evening Students
Limestone College holds a number of partnerships with companies providing corporate grants to students. If a student’s company participates in the program, he or she is eligible to receive the grant each semester. With the corporate grant, students can still receive financial aid and any state or federal student loans. Here are a few of our partner corporations: