Did you Know...
- Limestone College, founded in 1845, was the first woman’s college in South Carolina.
- Percentage of Day Classes taught by full-time faculty and staff is 79 % (Fall, 2017)
- Percentage of full-time faculty with terminal degrees is 80% (Fall, 2017)
- At over 3,000, Limestone is one of the three largest private accredited colleges in South Carolina (Fall, 2017).
- Limestone's Day Student: Faculty Ratio is 13: 1 (Fall 2017); 17:1 overall.
- Day Program Enrollment: 62.6% Male, 37.4% Female. (Fall 2017)
- As of Spring, 2019, Limestone College has 25 sports, 12 for men and 14 for women.
70% of our Day students are athletes (Fall, 2016); 67% in Fall of 2018.
- The Fall, 2017 Honor Roll included 162 students on the Honor Roll and 208 on the Dean’s List.
- Limestone College's Day Program has students from 31 countries, and 23 states from across the United States. (Fall 2017)
- Limestone College had 89 International students in the Day program in Spring, 20184 from 31 countries. 100% of those students were athletes.
- Alpha Chi had 10 members in Spring, 2018 In addition to Alpha Chi, there are 4 other honor societies representing different departments. As of Spring, 2018, they had 48 members.
- The Block Program, established in 1976, was the first step in offering college opportunities to students in the evening program.
- The Virtual Campus was established in 1996. Limestone became a leader in offering college classes via the Internet.
- The off-campus and Internet programs became known as the Online & Evening. The Online & Evening changed the evening program classes to “hybrid” classes in 2014. Today there are five Online & Evening sites available, as well as Internet programs. They serve over 1000 students per semester.
- The MBA program was the first master’s degree program at Limestone College. The first graduate students were admitted in Summer, 2012; the first graduates completed their degrees in May 2014. So far, there have been 97 total graduates from the MBA program (through Dec. 2017).