Bachelor of Science in Mathematics
Students come to Limestone College with diverse backgrounds in mathematics. The first task of the department is to determine the student's appropriate placement in the sequence of mathematics courses. The aim of the mathematics department is to place entering students where they are comfortable, yet where they feel challenged, where they succeed, and where they feel well prepared for whatever lies ahead.
- MA 160 - Basic Mathematical Logic and Sets
- MA 200/MA 200H - Elementary Statistics
- MA 205 - Calculus I
- MA 206 - Calculus II
- MA 230 - Introduction to Linear Algebra
- MA 300 - Discrete Mathematics
- MA 301/301H - Differential Equations
- MA 304W - The History of Mathematics
- MA 307 - Calculus III
- MA 308 - Calculus IV
- MA 320/320H - Modern Algebra
- MA 425 - Real Analysis
- MA 426/426H - Numerical Analysis
- All mathematics major and minor subject area courses must be passed with a "C" or better.
*After all General Education and Major course requirements have been met; students will need additional elective courses to meet the 123 hour minimum for graduation.