The Social Work Program at Limestone University requires students to complete the Field Practicum— 400 hours of supervised social work practice. Students will have an opportunity to apply classroom learning in the field while earning credits towards their degree. Prior to being registered for field, students must complete the online field application during the semester preceding anticipated field placement. All field placements must be completed within 6 months.
Read More about the Field Practicum
Basic computer competency is critical. You must be able to do the following:
- Launch or run an application, upload files.
- E-Mail: It is required that you use your Limestone University e-mail account for all courses to reliably send and receive messages and reply to messages.
- Manage Software Installations: Install and manage software to include Chrome (and extension updates).
- Information Retrieval: Exhibit an ability to search for information resources beyond a Google search.
Hardware and software requirements for distance learning may vary from course to course, but minimally include:
- Access to a high-speed broadband Internet connection
- A smart device or personal computer with compatible audio/visual capability.
- A compatible web browser (Chrome strongly recommended)
- A quiet place to "attend" class (virtually) without interruption.