This new Freshman-only residence hall is the first step of a multiphase process designed to comprehensively elevate the quality of the on-campus residential experience for all students at Limestone. The University chose to begin its facility improvement campaign by focusing on providing an environment that optimizes a first-time student’s opportunity to thrive while enrolled at Limestone. By limiting the facility to freshmen, residents have the opportunity to develop a support structure from within a common peer group, which will help facilitate their transition to college life and, hopefully, encourage the creation of lifelong friendships that extend beyond their time at Limestone.
Rooms in this new residence hall are available on a first-come basis so students are encouraged to complete the application process as early as possible to reserve their space.
Hall Population – 204
- FLOOR PLAN: The residence hall is divided into 12 Pod-style room clusters, which will include an average 17 students per Pod.
- PODS: Each Pod will include both single- and double-occupancy rooms with a spa-style bathroom, living room, and multiple study areas.
- RESIDENT ASSISTANTS: 6
- GENDER: Male and female residents will be separated by Pod.
- AMENITIES: Garden balconies, Student lounges, gaming areas, a community kitchen, multiple community laundry facilities, and wireless Internet throughout
- FIRE SAFETY: Smoke detectors, fire alarms, a fire sprinkler system, and all other infrastructure required by building code
- SECURITY: Video cameras and card-access reader on all Pod entry doors and exterior entrances
- AC: A combination of central heat & air for all common areas and packaged thermal air conditioning units with individual temperature controls for each room
- FURNITURE: Single-occupancy Rooms: 1 twin bed (extra long/ bunkable/loftable), 1 desks, and 1 three-drawer dressers, and 1 closet hutch; Double-occupancy Rooms: 2 twin beds (extra long/ bunkable/loftable), 2 desks, 2 three-drawer dressers, and 2 closet hutches