The Limestone University Board of Trustees recently voted to move forward with a search for a new full-time President, and Dr. Jim Prevost was appointed to Chair the committee that will identify and interview potential candidates in the coming months.
The Board of Trustees vote took place at its regular meeting on Friday, Oct. 20.
“It is my tremendous honor to be serving as the Chair the Limestone University Presidential Search Committee,” Prevost said. “I look forward to working with the committee that we have assembled along with all of our stakeholders as we work through this process.”
The following individuals have been appointed to the committee that will have 16 voting members and two non-voting members:
- Dr. Brian Ameling, Acting Provost; Associate Professor of Computer Science
- Dennis Bloomer, Deputy Athletic Director for Compliance; Limestone alum
- Kris Bonocore, Limestone University parent; Saints Club member; retired President, Gladstone Wealth Partners
- Renee Clyburn, Special Assistant to the Provost
- Paul Fleming, Board of Trustees Treasurer; President & Owner, ProSource Packaging; Limestone alum
- Virginia “GiGi” Hamrick, Board of Trustees member; former elementary education teacher; Limestone alum
- Brandi Hartman, Chief of Staff; Limestone alum
- Adair Hudson, Associate Provost for Online & Graduate Program Admissions; Limestone alum
- Hailey Martin, Vice President for Intercollegiate Athletics; Limestone alum
- Patti McCraw, Manager and Purchasing Director, Campus Store; Limestone alum
- Dr. Jim Prevost, Board of Trustees member; Chair of Academic and Student Affairs Committee; retired college professor and secondary school administrator; Limestone alum (non-voting Committee member, unless there is a tie)
- Randall Richardson, Board of Trustees Chair; Chief Financial Officer, N.C. Department of Health & Human Services Julian F. Keith Alcohol & Drug Abuse Treatment Center
- Tierney Rolins, Board of Trustees member; Prevention Specialist, Cherokee County Commission on Alcohol & Drug Abuse; Limestone alum
- Dr. Michael Scharff, Professor of Business Administration; Department Chair of Management; Director of Business Administration
- Lee Sowell, Board of Trustees Vice Chair; retired Group President, TTi North America
- Dr. Jane Watkins, Professor of Computer Science; Coordinator of Computer Science Program; Director of Health Informatics Graduate Program; Limestone alum
- Haley Williams, Board of Trustees Secretary; Sole Proprietor and Attorney, Williams Law, LLC; Limestone alum (non-voting Committee member)
- Charles Wyatt, Vice President for Communications & Marketing; Limestone alum
With 16 voting members, as the Chair of the Committee, Prevost will vote only if there is a tie regarding any decision.
Prevost noted that a Limestone University Presidential Search Committee website is currently being developed and should be online by the first of December.
Jeremy Whitaker, Limestone’s Vice President for Finance & Administration, is currently serving as the Acting President.
“I want to be adamant that Mr. Whitaker is doing a tremendous job for us in the role of Acting President,” said Limestone Board of Trustees Chair Randall Richardson. “Because of that, we are certainly not going to rush this process of identifying our next full-time President. We are very fortunate to have someone of Jeremy’s caliber and integrity at the helm as we begin the Presidential search. Identifying or meeting a certain timeline with our search is not nearly as important as finding the right leader who will be effective and who will have a deep love for our students, our institution, and our Limestone community.”