Health Care Adminstration Adjunct Professor
- Doctor of Health Administration - Medical University of South Carolina (2015)
- Master of Health Administration - University of South Carolina at Columbia (2006)
- Bachelor of Arts, English - University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill (2004)
- American College of Healthcare Executives (2004 – 2006, 2015 - present)
- American Health Care Association (2006 - present) – Bronze Commitment to Quality Award (2013), Advocacy Coalition, Participant of Spring Congressional Briefing
- Association of University Programs in Health Administration (2016-present)
- Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
- North Carolina Health Care Facilities Association - Provider Relations Council Member (2009 – 2013, 2015 - 2016)
- South Carolina Board of Long Term Care Administrators – Board Member (2013 - 2014)
- South Carolina Governor’s Prescription Drug Abuse Prevention Council Member (2013 - 2014)
- South Carolina Institute of Medicine & Public Health (IMPH) Long Term-Care Task Force – Providers & Workforce Subcommittee (2013 - 2014)
- South Carolina Public Health Association (2004 - 2006, and 2013 - 2014)
- South Carolina Public Health Consortium (2013 – 2014)
- Virginia Health Care Association – Provider Relations Council Member (2006 - 2008)
Under her leadership, she rapidly transitioned a healthcare organization from a 1-star to a 5-star overall quality rating, landing a ranking in the top 10% of all facilities in the nation by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) in 2013. The facility was featured on www.msn.com and in the US News & World Report for successfully achieving the government's highest quality rankings.
- Beckley, N. and Corbett, S. (2018). The long-term care compliance toolkit. Marblehead, MA: HCPro.
- Corbett, S. (2018). Long-term care quality measures: A guide to data analysis, performance improvement, and public reporting. Marblehead, MA: HCPro.
- Corbett, S. (2017). The theft prevention guide for senior living. Marblehead, MA: HCPro.