Student Ambassador Program
The mission of the Student Ambassador Program is to provide Limestone University with student leaders who participate in an official capacity at special events throughout the year. Participation will foster the growth of leadership, communication, and personal and professional development for its members while creating long lasting ties with their future alma matter. Members of the Student Ambassador program will provide support, encouragement and mentorship to prospective and new Limestone students.
Student Ambassadors will act as liaisons between The University and its stake-holders by engaging in activities that:
- Strengthen our traditions
- Encourage lifelong involvement with The University
- Promote Limestone University pride
- Communicate the mission, vision and culture of The University
Student Ambassadors represent the elite, diversity of Limestone University’s student body. They are expected to maintain the highest standards of academic honesty and responsible behavior required by Limestone University.
In the case of a change in a Student Ambassador’s academic or behavior status, it is expected that the student will immediately discuss this issue with the program advisors. Following this consultation, appropriate actions will be taken in accordance with standards of conduct required by the program and The University.
This action could include termination of the student’s participation in the Student Ambassador Program.
A formal complete application is to be submitted online by the prospective interested student. If approved, the student is then scheduled for an interview with the selection committee.
- Demonstration of high standards of professionalism at all times.
- Attend ALL training dates for Summer Orientation and for Admissions training. Dates TBD.
- Attend 2 Summer Orientation dates as well as return to campus early for “Welcome Week” events. Dates TBD.
- For campus tours, Ambassadors will be required to wear business casual attire. At all campus events, Student Ambassador polo’s will be provided.
- Required attendance at spring training sessions and fall and spring meetings.
- Participation in a minimum of 60 hours of Student Ambassador activities per semester in the fall and spring. These activities will be comprised of student-led campus tours and other scheduled appearances.
- Maintain enrollment in at least 12 credit hours at Limestone University and uphold high standings with Limestone while being a Student Ambassador.
- Maintain a minimum of a 3.0 GPA.
Student Ambassador Requirements:
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- 24 credits or more as a Limestone University Student
- Must be considered full-time (12 credits minimum a semester)
- Enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Sincere desire to represent Limestone University
- Interest in engaging with prospective students and their families, as well as making new students feel welcome and connected.
- Student organization/athletic/ or fine arts involvement at Limestone University
- The ability to work well with others and to be a successful team player
- The ability and desire to learn strong communication and leadership skills
- Knowledge of Limestone University
If you have any questions about the Student Ambassador Program, please contact Kelsey Stanley in the office of admissions.
kstanley [at] limestone.edu