Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art | Graphic Design
The studio major concentrating in Graphic Design provides creative thinking and technical skills for a variety of career paths. This degree program offers a solid foundation for work toward graduate degrees and art-related vocations.
- AR 103 - 2D Design and Color Theory
- AR 120 - Introduction to Graphic Design
- AR 200 - Photography
- AR 203 - Beginning Painting
- AR 220 - Typography and Visual Communication
- AR 250/AR 250H - Prehistoric Art to Gothic Art
- AR 260/AR 260H - Renaissance Art to Modern Art
- AR 305 - Printmaking and Design Techniques
- AR 320 - Graphic Design III
- AR 475 - Studio Problems
- AR 490W/AR 490H - Senior Art Exhibit
- AR/CS 234 - Web Page Development
- CS 103/103H - Basic Concepts of the Internet and the World Wide Web
- Choose AR 101 Basic Drawing and Composition or AR 102 Figure Drawing
- Choose 1 from three-dimensional courses: AR 208 Fundamentals of Sculpture, AR 210 Ceramics I, or AR 211 Ceramics II
- Must take 12 semester hours of Art electives, excluding AR 240.
*After all General Education and Major course requirements have been met; students will need additional elective courses to meet the 123 hour minimum for graduation.
Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants
Limestone works to make education affordable, putting together a financial aid package with need and merit-based financial aid options for every one of their admitted students. 95 percent of Limestone College students receive some type of financial assistance. Generous scholarships are offered to students majoring in music, art and theatre. Students performing an admissions audition can be considered for a fine arts scholarship by completing a Fine Arts Scholarship Application. Supplemental awards are given annually.