Honors College Admission Requirements
Incoming First-Year Day Students:
The minimum requirements for admission into the Limestone University Honors College include:
- Score of 1100 on the SAT or 22 on the ACT.
- If a prospective first year Honors student has a 3.5 GPA but has NOT taken a standardized test due to COVID-19, then that student’s transcript must demonstrate high achievement in multiple dual-enrollment/International Baccalaureate, and/or Advanced Placement classes to be eligible to apply to the Honors College (a prospective applicant’s transcripts will be evaluated by the Honors College director and Honors Committee).
- High School Grade Point Average of 3.5 (unweighted on a 4.0 scale)
Transfer Students into the Day Program:
- Transfer students (with less than 36 hours) with a 3.0 GPA and in good standing within their previous institution’s Honors College are also eligible to apply for admission into Limestone’s Honors College.
- A transfer student (with less than 36 hours) with a score of at least 1,100 on the SAT or a minimum score of 22 on the ACT and who has achieved at least a 3.5 Grade Point Average at their previous institution may apply for admission into Limestone’s Honors College.
- A transfer student (with less than 36 hours) with a 3.5 GPA at their previous institution but has not taken the ACT or SAT should contact the Honors Director to determine eligibility.
All Prospective Honors Students
- All prospective Honors students must fill out the application and complete the assigned essay.
- All applicants must have a Zoom interview with the Honors Director or an Honors Committee member.
- All prospective students must have a reference fill out a letter of recommendation that addresses the student’s fit to the Limestone University Honors College.
Are you ready for the challenge? If so, we are excited to hear from you! Please complete the application below.
If you have any questions, please contact Limestone University Honors College Director Dr. Jonathan Sarnoff: jsarnoff [at] limestone.edu.