Master of Social Work Admissions
August 2020 & January 2021 MSW cohorts are FULL! We are now accepting applications for August 2021!
The first deadline for completed applications to be reviewed for August 2021 acceptance is January 4th, 2021.
For admission to the Limestone University MSW Program, a prospective student is required to have a baccalaureate degree in Social Work from a CSWE and regionally accredited college or university, letters of recommendation, sufficient undergraduate GPA, and they must be a SC resident to complete the field education requirement in SC. Students will be informed in writing of the graduate committee’s decision on admittance into the program.
For Full Admission into the graduate program: (Advanced Standing)
- Official Transcript – Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Social Work from CSWE accredited
- Recent graduates of Limestone University will not be required to have an official transcript sent from the Limestone University Registrar’s office. The Graduate Studies Program will obtain the document.
- Two letters of recommendation
- One page narrative describing the reason the applicant wants to attend the Limestone University MSW program.
- One of the following requirements are met:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a BSW degree with a minimum of 3.00 overall GPA.
- No GRE or GMAT is required.
- Students whose native language is not English must submit scores on the TOEFL test: a score on the electronic version of 100 is required; a score of 550 is required on the paper version. This requirement may be waived if the student provides evidence the completed an accredited ESL program.
- Students who transfer in a maximum of 6 graduate-level credit hours, will earn the status of Fully Accepted.