Master of Social Work Admissions
For admission to the Limestone College MSW Program, a prospective student is required to have a baccalaureate degree in Social Work from a regionally accredited college or university, letters of recommendation, sufficient undergraduate GPA, or management background that indicates the ability and aptitude to succeed in a graduate program. Students will be informed in writing of the graduate committee’s decision on admittance into the program.
For Full Admission into the graduate program: (Advanced Standing)
- Official Transcript – Bachelor’s Degree in the field of Social Work from CSWE accredited
Recent graduates of Limestone College will not be required to have an official transcript sent from the Limestone College Registrar’s office. The Graduate Studies Program will obtain the document.
- Three letters of recommendation
- One of the following requirements are met:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a BSW degree with a minimum 3.00 overall GPA.
- Hold a bachelor's degree in Social Work from a regionally accredited university, with a minimum 3.0 overall GPA and 3 years of management experience
- No GRE or GMAT is required.
- Students whose native language is not English must submit scores on the TOEFL test: a score on the electronic version of 100 is required; a score of 550 is required on the paper version. This requirement may be waived if the student provides evidence the completed an accredited ESL program.
- Students who transfer in a maximum of 6 graduate level credit hours, will earn the status of Fully Accepted.