Janet L Bartholow
Assistant Professor of Finance
Email Addressjbartholow [at] limestone.edu
Dr. Bartholow joins Limestone University as a graduate faculty member in Business Administration. With more than a decade of teaching in higher education and prior to that working for many years as an analyst in corporate finance, she brings a broad array of experience into her classroom, as well as her passion for student learning, growth and success.
Topics of research important to Dr. Bartholow include Insider Trading, Investments, Financial Planning and International Finance. She recently coauthored a case in Journal of Financial Education entitled "You Decide, the company you keep". She also follows politics and tracks its impact on the financial markets. She enjoys exploring new financial technologies such as crypto-currencies, too.
Dr. Bartholow resides in Fort Mill with her husband Jake, three children and chocolate lab named Cooper. Originally from Ohio, she relocated to South Carolina on a mission to complete her doctorate while instructing at Queens University of Charlotte. Having met that goal, she now spends her time outside of school working on her long-term research goals and spending time with her family. She enjoys hiking, traveling, exploring the outdoors, motorcycling, playing card games, walking Cooper and biking on the beach.
- Financial Management Association; Annual Meeting - 2018 Programming Committee & Session Chair; Discussant 2010
- Southern Finance Associations - Presenter & Discussant 2012
- Eastern Finance Association
- American Finance Association
- Financial Peace University; Coordinator at Lifepointe Christian Church in Fort Mill
- Recipient of Queens University of Charlotte McColl School Board of Advisors Innovation in Teaching Grant for ’16 -‘17
- Recipient of Queens University of Charlotte C.A.F.E. Title III Teaching & Learning with Technology Mini-Grant for ’16 -‘17
- Recipient of Kent State University College of Business Outstanding Teaching Award, Ph.D., 2013-2014
- Ph.D. Kent State University - Finance Major, Applied Statistics Minor
- M.B.A. Malone College
- B.B.A. Ohio University - Finance Major