Associate Professor | Director of Nursing Program
Email Addressapwilliams [at] limestone.edu
A nurse and educator for 19 years, Dr. Williams has had the privilege to teach and mentor hundreds of students to be exceptional practitioners and advocates for the profession. She’s provided oversight of innovative educational delivery methods, increased access to quality baccalaureate nursing education, especially in rural areas, and raised awareness about the need for a highly educated nursing workforce. She successfully led the development of one of the first distance based BSN programs in the state. After expanding the distance program, she designed, funded, and implemented a state-of-the-art, high fidelity nursing simulation lab to assist the education of those nursing students. Another project involved leading the development of two new, online programs; the RN-BSN and MSN in Nursing Administration. In 2013, the tragedy that rocked her family also gave her advocate role another direction. Carbon monoxide poisoning is 100% preventable with awareness. The Williams family started the Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation with the mission to increase awareness and prevent deaths due to poisoning. Her leadership and passion have led to collaborations with the state fire officials, EMS officials, nurses, Firehouse Subs restaurants and Firehouse Subs Public Safety Foundation, and many more community / business partners to bring about change in South Carolina.
American Nurses Association (ANA)
Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society (STTI)
American Public Health Association (APHA)
South Carolina Public Health Association (SCPHA)
National League for Nursing (NLN)
SC Board of Nursing Council of Deans & Directors
STTI Chapter Key Award for Excellence 2017
STTI Showcase of Regional Excellence - Advocacy Award 2017
USC College of Nursing - Community Engagement Award 2016
Palmetto Gold Recipient 2011
Outstanding Undergraduate Teaching Award 2010
Amy V. Cockcroft Nurse Fellow 2006
- Williams, A. (contributing author). Thompson, J. (2017). Essential Health Assessment. Chapter 12. Assessing the Respiratory System. FA Davis. ISBN-13:978-0803627888
- Schafer, C., Williams, A., & Glenn, K. (2014). Carbon Monoxide Poisoning Prevention and Awareness. (Honor Thesis).
- Williams, A. (2012). Assessment and strategic planning to determine the growth feasibility of a distance-based baccalaureate nursing program. (DNP Project). Proquest dissertation & theses database. UMI No. 3548816.
Peer Reviewed Publications:
- Dawson, R.M., Williams, A.P., Richardson, J. (2019). Development and Evaluation of a Theory Based Approach to Reducing Carbon Monoxide (CO) Morbidity and Mortality: The CO Blitz Model. Journal of Community Health Nursing, 36(2).
- Williams, A. and Estrada, R. (2016). How to detect and prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. American Nurse Today 11(9). https://www.americannursetoday.com/carbon-monoxide-poisoning-silent-kill...
- Frazier, B., Culley, J., Hein, L., Tavakoli, A., & Williams, A., (2013). Social Networking Policies in Nursing Education. Clinical Informatics in Nursing.
- BS Biology
- BS Nursing
- MSN Family Nurse Practitioner
- DNP Organizational Leadership
- NU300 - Professional Nursing Roles
- NU301 - Healthcare Genetics and Genomics
- NU302 - Pathophysiology for RNs
- NU305 - Health Assessment and Promotion for RNs
- NU310 - Information Management in Nursing Practice
- NU400 - Leadership in Nursing Practice
- NU401 - Research and Evidence-Based Nursing Practice
- NU402 - Health Policy and Nursing Practice
- NU410 - Population Health for RNs
- NU420 - Quality and Patient Safety for RNs