Jackie A Puckett
Associate Dean and Director of Social Work Development
Email Addressjpuckett [at] limestone.edu
Office Number864-488 4585
Mr. Puckett began his tenure with Limestone College in 2000, coming from a long career in Social Work in the fields of Aging, Mental Health and Program Development. In 1975 Mr. Puckett became the youngest federal program director in the nation at that time (at the age of 23) when he became Program Director of Congregated Meals for Mountain Empire Older Citizens. Mr. Puckett served as the Clinical Director for the Emergency Psychiatry Services/Mobile Crisis Program in Charleston South Carolina from 1987 to 2006 and co-authored the best-selling clinical text, "Comprehensive Emergency Mental Health Care" which is still on the shelves today. Mr. Puckett was the Clinical Director for Family Services in Charleston before joining The Limestone College Social Work faculty. Mr. Puckett had taught previously at Virginia Intermont College in the Social Work and Psychology Departments and at MUSC in Charleston through the Department of Psychiatry as a Clinical Instructor co-teaching Medicine and Human Behavior in partnership with various members of the medical faculty there. Mr. Puckett is the winner of teaching awards at Virginia Intermont College, MUSC and at Limestone College where he has twice been the recipient of the Fullerton Award for Excellence in Teaching. Mr. Puckett is an avid horseman and motorcyclist. He is currently horseless but owns and rides three different motorcycles year-round.
- Winner of the Fullerton Teaching Award twice at Limestone College
- Teacher of the Year at Virginia Intermont College
- Instructor of the Year at MUSC
- Employee of the Year at Charleston Dorchester Mental Health Center
- Mr. Puckett has been with Limestone College for the past fourteen years. He has been the Associate Dean and Director of Social Work for the past eight years.
- MSSW From The University of Tennessee Knoxville
- BSW From The University of Virginia at Wise