Frank H. Bellevue III
Associate Professor and Chairperson of the Chemistry Department
Email Addressfbellevue [at] limestone.edu
Professor Bellevue received his Bachelor’s of Science degree from Bates College with a double major in Chemistry and Mathematics. He earned his Master’s Degree and Ph.D. from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in Organic Chemistry with a subspecialty in Medicinal Chemistry. Prof. Bellevue’s research interest include identifying new antifungal agent from natural sources, designing enzyme inhibitors and analyzing their effectiveness utilizing computer-based binding studies, and synthesizing potential inhibitors.
- American Chemical Society member
- Sigma Xi member
- Principle Investigator on NSF Award # DUE-0941855, Instrumentation, Innovation and Collaboration: Improving the Biochemistry Curriculum through Hands-On and Virtual Laboratory Experiences. Responsibilities include negotiating with suppliers, tracking the budget ($247,669), year end reports, developing new experiments, running workshops for Community College Faculty. CoPIs include Taina Chao, Joseph Skrivanek, Joanne Tillotson and Mark Condon.
- Project Director-Collegiate Science and Technology Entry Program (CSTEP), New York State Education Department, project #0537-11-1078, Contract # C400498.
- Topal Award, $3000 support to work with Nancy Zook from Psychology to develop an interdisciplinary course in psychopharmacology.
- Ph.D., Organic Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- M.S., Chemistry, Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, Troy, NY
- B.S., Chemistry and Mathematics, Bates College, Lewiston, ME