Bachelor of Science in Physical Education | General
This program provides students the opportunity to study the foundations of physical activity in the scope of a fitness professional. This program is designed for students who are not interested in teaching in the K-12 system, but would prefer to find roles in fitness centers or pursue graduate courses in exercise science or sport studies. The program also offers a concentration in Strength and Conditioning. Students may also earn minors in Coaching and Physical Education.
- BI 101/ BI 101H - Introduction to Biology I
- BI 210 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BI 211 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- PE 200W - Foundations of Physical Education
- PE 201 - Personal and Community Health
- PE 202 - First Aid and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation
- PE 217 - Net Games
- PE 218 - Field and Court I
- PE 219 - Field and Court II
- PE 301/PE301H - Kinesiology
- PE 302/PE302H - Exercise Physiology
- PE 454 - Physical Education Seminar
- PE 490 - Physical Education Internship
- Must take 2 PE Activity electives.
- Must take 12 semester hours of PE electives at the 300-level or above.