Bachelor of Science in Biology | Organismal
Students who choose the Organismal Biology concentration complete the core biology courses offered at Limestone College, along with courses in Zoology, Ecology, and Botany. Students also work closely with their advisor to choose their elective courses based on their career goals. This allows the student’s curriculum to operate as the best preparation for their graduate studies or post-baccalaureate studies. In addition to preparing for their future career with their electives in Biology, students work closely with their advisors to ensure that their Biology 480 course (research/internship) directs them towards their desired career path.
- BI 101/ BI 101H - Introduction to Biology I
- BI 102/BI 102H - Introduction to Biology II
- BI 202/BI 202H - Zoology
- BI 203/BI 203H - Botany
- BI 282W/BI 282WH - Genetics
- BI 308/BI 308H - Molecular Cell Biology
- BI 430W/BI 430WH - Ecology
- BI 459W - Capstone
- CH 110-111 - General Chemistry I and II
- MA 200/MA 200H - Elementary Statistics
- MA 319 - Intermediate Statistics
- Choose 1: MA Precalculus or MA 205 Calculus I
- Must take 12 semester hours of Biology electives from 300 - 400 levels. BI/CH 480 Undergraduate Research is recommended.
- Must complete 8 semester hours from the following courses: PH 201/PH 202 General College Physics I and II; PH 301/PH 302 Physics I and II with Calculus; CH 303/CH 304 Organic Chemistry I and II; or BI/CH 315 Principles of Biochemistry
*After all General Education and Major course requirements have been met; students will need additional elective courses to meet the 123 hour minimum for graduation.