Bachelor of Science in Biology | Cellular and Molecular
The B.S. in Biology with a Cellular and Molecular concentration prepares students for the future with courses in Microbiology, Genetics, Organic Chemistry, and Physics. Students also participate in a course that focuses on a research/internship in order to advance their knowledge and application of research in their field.
- BI 101/ BI 101H - Introduction to Biology I
- BI 102/BI 102H - Introduction to Biology II
- BI 282W/BI 282WH - Genetics
- BI 308/BI 308H - Molecular Cell Biology
- BI 459W - Capstone
- CH 110-111 - General Chemistry I and II
- CH 303-304 - Organic Chemistry I and II
- CH 315 - Principles of Biochemistry
- MA 200/MA 200H - Elementary Statistics
- Choose 1: MA 122 Precalculus or MA 205 Calculus I
- Must take 16 semester hours of Biology electives, with 12 of those hours being from 300-level or above. BI415/CH415 Advanced Biochemistry and BI480 Undergraduate Research are recommended
- Must take either PH 201/PH 202 General College Physics I and II OR PH 301/PH 302 Physics I and II with Calculus
*After all General Education and Major course requirements have been met, students will need additional elective courses to meet the 123 hour minimum for graduation.