Bachelor of Science in Biology | Pre-Professional
Many of our students elect to enter graduate school or a professional school, which offers a specialized aspect of the medical profession. Graduates of the Limestone Biology program have gone on to study in medical schools, dental schools, veterinary schools, schools of nursing, medical technology, pharmacy, and physical therapy. The success of Limestone graduates entering professional schools has been remarkably high as most of them are at or near the top of their classes in medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, nursing, physician assistant, and physical therapy schools. Some of our graduates have made careers in the teaching profession, some have gone to work for industry, and others have gone on to state or federal government positions in forestry, agriculture, or research.
- BI 101/ BI 101H - Introduction to Biology I
- BI 102/BI 102H - Introduction to Biology II
- BI 210 - Human Anatomy and Physiology I
- BI 211 - Human Anatomy and Physiology II
- BI 282W/BI 282WH - Genetics
- BI 308/BI 308H - Molecular Cell Biology
- BI 315 - Principles of Biochemistry
- BI 459W - Capstone
- CH 110-111 - General Chemistry I and II
- CH 303-304 - Organic Chemistry I and II
- MA 122 - Precalculus
- MA 205 - Calculus I
- Must take 12 semester hours of Biology electives at 300 - 400 level.
- Must take either PH 201/PH 202 General College Physics I and II or PH 301/PH 302 Physics I and II with Calculus
*After all General Education and Major course requirements have been met; students will need additional elective courses to meet the 123 hour minimum for graduation.