Bachelor of Arts in Music
The Limestone College Department of Music, in accordance with the college's liberal arts philosophy and mission, provides a wide range of musical experiences and educational opportunities for students pursuing professional studies in music, liberal studies in music, and for students seeking personal enrichment through music. Limestone College is an accredited institutional member of the National Association of Schools of Music. The mission of the Department of Music at Limestone College is to provide a quality education, developing the student personally, professionally, and academically.
- MU 129 - Beginning Aural Skills
- MU 139 - Music Theory I
- MU 208 - Music Survey
- MU 229 - Intermediate Aural Skills
- MU 239 - Music Theory II
- MU 303 - Music History I
- MU 304 - Music History II
- MU 310 - Basic Conducting
- MU 320 - Music Composition and Arranging
- MU 329 - Advanced Aural Skills
- MU 339 - Music Theory III
- MU 491-497 - Senior Recital
- MU 119 Fundamentals of Music Theory or a passing score on the Departmental Entrance Examination
- MU 102 Class Piano I, MU 103 Class Piano II (or successful completion of the Piano Proficiency Examination)
- Applied Lessons - Participation required each semester.
- Must take 2 semesters of 100-level applied lessons.
- Must take 2 semesters of 200-level applied lessons.
- Must take 2 semesters of 300-level applied lessons.
- Must take 1 semester of 400-level applied lessons.
- Primary music ensemble (four credit hours.)
- Secondary music ensembles (two credit hours.
Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants
Limestone works to make education affordable, putting together a financial aid package with need and merit-based financial aid options for every one of their admitted students. 95 percent of Limestone College students receive some type of financial assistance. Generous scholarships are offered to students majoring in music, art and theatre. Students performing an admissions audition can be considered for a fine arts scholarship by completing a Fine Arts Scholarship Application. Supplemental awards are given annually.