The award-winning Limestone College Theatre Department will kick off its 2013-2014 season with a production of Agatha Christie's classic murder mystery The Mousetrap June 27-29 in the Limestone Center Theatre. Curtain time for each performance is 7:30 p.m.
Tickets are $8 for adults, $6 for seniors (65-years-old and older), children 12-years-old and younger, and students with identification. Limestone students, faculty and staff will be admitted free with college identification. Tickets will be available for purchase at the door or can be reserved online.
The Mousetrap is well-known for its ability to shock its audience and surprise ending. The plot revolves around the mysterious murder of a woman at a large guest house in London, where a trap is set to ensnare the perpetrator while the suspects are snowed in together during their stay.
The cast for the Limestone Theatre production of The Mousetrap is comprised of:
• Sarah Kier, (Mollie Ralston); Theatre major, Class of 2013
• Zach White, (Giles Ralston); English and Theatre major, Class of 2017
• Susan Baxter-Ferguson (Mrs. Boyles) of Gaffney; Learning Specialist at Limestone
• Trey Tubb (Christopher Wren) of Gaffney; Theatre major, Class of 2017
• Troy Massie (Major Metcalf) of Gaffney; Theatre major, Class of 2014
• Traci Morrison Dill (Miss Casewell) of Kings Mountain; Theatre and English major, Class of 2007
• Damon Green (Mr. Paravicini) of Blacksburg; Theatre and Business major, Class of 2014
• Matt Smith (Detective Sergeant Trotter) of Myrtle Beach; Theatre major, Class of 2013
Limestone Theatre is establishing itself as a regional powerhouse. During the South Carolina Speech and Theatre Association College Festival in February, Limestone students were presented with several top-three awards, including three first place awards. As a team, Limestone won the Sweepstakes Award with the most points collectively among the ten college teams represented.
During the 9th Annual Metrolina Theatre Awards (MTA), the Department was presented with four Outstanding Awards for lead male actor, supporting female actor, direction, and costume design.
Left to right: Sarah Kier, Zach White, Matt Smith, Damon Green, Troy Massie, Traci Morrison Dill, Trey Tubb, and Susan Baxter-Ferguson.