Below are some highlighted events planned for Alumni Weekend 2014.
Friday, April 25, 2014
Shindig at the Cabin – Uptown Gaffney – 6 p.m.
Complimentary (Food may be purchased via vendors.)
Dance the night away with one of the hottest groups in Carolina Beach Music, the Out of Towners Band. This event is fun for the entire family and everyone is invited. Food vendors will be on hand.
Saturday, April 26, 2014
2014 Outstanding Alumni Awards Luncheon - Stephenson Dining Hall - 12:00 p.m. - 1:45 p.m.
$15 per Person
Join us at noon in Stephenson Dining Hall to honor our 2014 Oustanding Alumni Award recipients:
- Alumnus of the Year - N. Eugene Moorhead '62
- Service to Church - Lerricus Sy Pugh '98
- Service to College - Nicole "Niki" Woodberry '07
- Service to Community - Linda S. Woods '07
- Service to Education - Dr. Timothy G. Schavel '99
- Young Alumna of the Year - Erica Martin Millwood '06
Campus Tour - 2:00 p.m. - Foyer of Curtis Administration Building
Meet Limestone President Dr. Walt Griffin and members of the Student Alumni Leadership Council as they proudly take you on a tour of the College's beautiful campus.
Exhibits - A. J. Eastwood Library, Winnie Davis Hall of History, and Granberry Gallery - 2:00 p.m. - 4:30 p.m..
- Interdisciplinary Exhibit in the A. J. Eastwood Library. "This is My School" Exhibit by Gaffney High School and Blacksburg High School Teacher Cadets. The exhibit features photography from K - 12 students in the Cherokee County Schools. Sponsored by the Education Department.
- Open House in Winnie Davis Hall of History. Exhibits include artifacts, photographs and histroical text depicting the rich history of Limestone College. The permanent exhibits are designed by The History Workshop of Charleston.
- Juried Student Art Exhibit in the Granberry Gallery. Exhibits include pottery, paintings, drawings, graphic design and more. Sponsored by the Art Department.
Visit the Campus Store - 2:00 - 4:30 p.m.
The Campus Store will be open for you to shop for the latest Limestone Apparel, Accessories, and More!
Afternoon Tea - Curtis Parlors - 3:00 p.m.
An afternoon tea will be held in the Curtis Parlors as we remember "Cherished Limestone" with emeriti faculty members and discuss "Today's Limestone" with current faculty members.
Golden Reunion Celebration (Class of 1964 and Previous Golden Classes) - J. Michaels (615 North Granard Street) - 6:00 p.m.
Members of the Class of 1964 are invited to attend the 50th Reunion Celebration. A special program will be held to commemorate this occasion. This event is also open to alumni who have previously celebrated their Golden Reunions. Activities get underway at 6:00 p.m. with drinks. Dinner will be served at 6:30 p.m. Class pictures will be made at this event. The attire for this occasion is business casual.
All Saints Reunion - Capri on Main (302 North Limestone Street) - 7:00 p.m.
$15 per Person
"All Roads Lead to Limestone" as we celebrate with the All Saints Reunion! All classes are invited to join us for a night of dancing and good times! Heavy hors d'oeuvres and drinks will be served. Door prizes will be given away throughout the night. Class pictures will be made at this event. The attire for the All Saints Reunion is business casual.
Sunday, April 27, 2014
Brunch- Stephenson Dining Hall - 10:30 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
$8.50 per Person
You are invited to have brunch in Stephenson Dining Hall along with the student body. The Dining Hall is open from 10:30 a.m. until 2:00 p.m.