Limestone College Homecoming 2017: Schedule Overview
FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6, 2017
Free Admission for Faculty, Staff, and Students; $10 Per Person (Alumni and Friends)
This event is free of charge for Faculty, Staff, and Students and $10 for Alumni and Friends. FREE Homecoming t-shirt for faculty, staff, and students.
If you are a Limestone College alumnus who played Baseball, Softball, or Women's Lacrosse and would like to participate in the alumni games, please contact the following coaches:
Friday, October 6, 2017
- Saints Baseball Alumni Game – 5:00 p.m. – Founders FCU Stadium, Limestone College Campus. Daddy Joe's BBQ will be provided to alumni participants at 5:00 p.m. The Baseball Alumni Game will start following the dinner. Please contact coach Chris Wiley at 864.488.8271 or cwylie[at]limestone[dot]edu.
Saturday, October 7, 2017
- Saints Softball Alumni Game – 11:00 a.m. – Babe Ruth Softball Field, Gaffney, SC (off Hyatt Street, near Cherokee County Recreation Department). Please contact coach Amy Yates at 864.488.8254 or ayates[at]limestone[dot]edu.
- Women's Lacrosse Alumni Game – 12:00 p.m. – Saints Field, Limestone College Campus. Please contact coach Scott Tucker at 864.488.4542 or stucker[at]limestone[dot]edu.
2017 Outstanding Alumni Awards Banquet
Stephenson Dining Hall (Banquet Room)
$20 Per Person
Join us at 6:30 p.m. in the Banquet Room of Stephenson Dining Hall to honor our 2017 Outstanding Alumni Award recipients:
- Alumnus of the Year - David Edward Dorman ’83
- Service to Church - Reverend Deacon Frederick O. Knowles, III ’01
- Service to College - Sharon Horton Eggers ’71
- Service to Community - Pamela Melton Cazel ’78
- Service to Education - Franklin L. Foster ’96
- Young Alumnus of the Year - Steven Peter Christofides ’14
If you have questions about the 2017 Outstanding Alumni Awards Banquet, please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 864.488.4602 or email alumnioffice[at]limestone[dot]edu.
CLICK HERE to register online for the 2017 Outstanding Alumni Awards Banquet.
SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7, 2017
The Golden and Golden Plus Reunion Reception and Brunch
(Classes of 1967, 1962, 1957, 1952, 1947, and 1942)
9:00 a.m. - Reception; 10:00 a.m. - Brunch
Stephenson Dining Hall (Banquet Room)
Free Admission for Alumni Celebrating Reunion; $15 Per Guest
Celebrate this milestone reunion with classmates and Limestone College president Dr. Walt Griffin. A special program will be held to commemorate this occasion. The attire for this occasion is business casual. No cost for alumni celebrating Golden and Golden Plus Reunions.
CLICK HERE to register online for the Golden and Golden Plus Reception and Brunch.
Big Blue Tailgate
Sleep-Easy Mattress Tailgate Lot (437 Hyatt Street, Gaffney, SC)
Welcome to the biggest homecoming event in Limestone College history!
“Big Blue Tailgate,” Saturday, October 7, from 2:00 p.m. until 5:45 p.m. – Sleep-Easy Mattress Tailgate Lot located at 437 Hyatt Street, Gaffney, SC. The event area is just steps away from the football stadium at Gaffney High School.
Hot food, cold drinks, and great music will be on tap hours before Limestone kicks off its homecoming football game against Carson-Newman University at 6:00 p.m. at Gaffney High School’s “Reservation.”
The “Big Blue Tailgate” will feature a large Mobile Party Bar that includes four large flat screen televisions that will be showing live game football coverage from across the country.
Starting at 2:30 p.m., Audio Candy, a well-known party band in the Upstate of South Carolina, will provide the entertainment.
The Limestone Saints Tailgate Show on WZZQ Radio will also be on location at the “Big Blue Tailgate.”
Barbecue, hamburgers, and hot dogs will be prepared by the Gaffney Elks Lodge for $10 per plate. Cash only. Meal tickets are NOT required to come out and enjoy the “Big Blue Tailgate.”
BIG BLUE TAILGATE MENU OPTIONS:
- Hamburger Plates - $10 Per Plate *
- Cheeseburger Plates - $10 Per Plate *
- Bar-B-Que Plates - $10 Per Plate *
- Bar-B-Que and Chips - $5.00
- Cheeseburger and Chips - $4.00
- Hamburger and Chips - $3.75
- Hot Dog and Chips - $2.00
- Drinks (Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Gatorade, and Water) - $1.00
* Plates include baked beans and coleslaw.
Personal coolers are welcome at the “Big Blue Tailgate,” but no glass containers please. Guests are also encouraged to bring a bag chair.
The Sleep-Easy Tailgate Lot opens for parking at 2:00 p.m. The cost is $5 per car and parking is on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking will also be available in surrounding lots. For more information regarding parking, please CLICK HERE.
If you have questions about the “Big Blue Tailgate,” please contact the Office of Institutional Advancement at 864.488.4602 or email AlumniOffice[at]Limestone[dot]edu.
The event will be held rain or shine.
Women's Volleyball vs. Converse College
Timken Center (Limestone College campus)
The Limestone College women's volleyball team will host the Converse College Valkyries in the 2017 Homecoming game on Saturday, October 7, at 2:00 p.m.
The Saints’ home volleyball games are played at Timken Center on the Limestone College campus.
Football vs. Carson-Newman University
6:00 p.m. Kickoff
Gaffney High School Stadium
The Limestone College football team, playing in its third season, will host the Carson-Newman University Eagles in the 2017 Homecoming game on Saturday, October 7, at 6:00 p.m.
The Saints’ home football games are played at Gaffney High School’s stadium, known as “The Reservation.”
General admission tickets can be purchased on game day at the ticket box office located at the north end of the stadium. Reserved-seat season tickets can be purchased through the Limestone College Athletics website. To find out more about tickets, parking, tailgating, and more, please visit: www.GoLimestoneSaints.com.