Bachelor of Arts in Studio Art
Limestone's Studio Art program provides a solid foundation for vocations in art related fields. The curriculum encourages research, creativity, conceptual thinking, and artisanship as practical on the job training.
- AR 101 - Basic Drawing and Composition
- AR 102 - Figure Drawing
- AR 103 - 2D Design and Color Theory
- AR 120 - Introduction to Graphic Design
- AR 200 - Photography
- AR 203 - Beginning Painting
- AR 250/AR 250H - Prehistoric Art to Gothic Art
- AR 260/AR 260H - Renaissance Art to Modern Art
- AR 305 - Printmaking and Design Techniques
- AR 470 - Studio Problems
- AR 490W/AR 490H - Senior Art Exhibit
- Choose 2 from three-dimensional courses: AR 208 Fundamentals of Sculpture, AR 210 Ceramics I, or AR 211 Ceramics II
- Must take 15 semester hours of Art electives, excluding AR 240 Art Appreciation
*After all General Education and Major course requirements have been met; students will need additional elective courses to meet the 123 hour minimum for graduation.
Financial Aid, Scholarships & Grants
Limestone works to make education affordable, putting together a financial aid package with need and merit-based financial aid options for every one of their admitted students. 95 percent of Limestone College students receive some type of financial assistance. Generous scholarships are offered to students majoring in music, art and theatre. Students performing an admissions audition can be considered for a fine arts scholarship by completing a Fine Arts Scholarship Application. Supplemental awards are given annually.